EVINRUDE E-Tec Johnson BRP/OMC
VRO Fuel Repair Kit
0435921 & 0436095
BRP List Price:
Our Sale Price
$$$ SAVINGS $$$
VRO FUEL PUMP
OEM pn 435921 & pn 436095
Evinrude Johnson Outboard Motor
Rebuild kit for VRO fuel pump.
Fuel Pump Repair Piston + Diaphragm Rebuild Kit
This is the latest most updated VRO Kit from BRP/OMC -Ethanol Safe.
WE HAVE VRO REPAIR KITS IN OUR EBAY STORE!
**Testing VRO System**
The following procedure is designed to help you isolate a defective component in the boat or engine fuel system.
The problem might cause a loss of engine performance or, if left unprepared, might cause serious powerhead damage.
After you have isolated the component, refer to Servicing, this section, for specific repair procedures.
A: Avoid accidental starting of engine while changing propellers; twist and remove all spark plug leads.
Some checks require that the engine be run at full throttle under load. Install the correct test propeller and run the engine in a suitable test tank.
1. Start engine and allow it to reach normal operating temperature.
Note: Push fuel hose off fuel fittings — don't pull. lf pushing won’t separate hose and fitting, carefully cut the hose along its side and peel it back to avoid damaging the fittings.
2. Install OMC Vacuum Gauge, P/N 390954 (A), or equivalent, and 8 in. (20,3 cm) of clear vinyl hose QB at the fuel inlet fitting on the lower engine cover. Secure all connections with tie straps to eliminate air leakage.
Do not use fuel primer bulb, manual fuel primer pump, or electric fuel primer pump to restart engine. Fuel system pressure could cause immediate damage to vacuum gauge.
3. Start engine and run at full throttle for at least two minutes. Monitor clear vinyl hose for signs of air or vapor bubbles and note reading on vacuum gauge.
4. The vacuum gauge reading must not exceed 4 in. of mercury (Hg) at any time. There should be no air or vapor bubbles visible in the clear hose.
If reading is 1 to 4 in. Hg and no bubbles are present, go to Step 8.
If reading is 1 to 4 in. Hg and bubbles are present, go to Step 7.
If reading exceeds 4 in. Hg, go to Step 5.
5. If your reading exceeds 4 in. Hg, you must test each boat fuel system component for excessive restriction before continuing. Refer to Boat Fuel System Recommendations, this section, for component descriptions.
If you suspect the anti-siphon valve, perform these tests:
Remove anti-siphon valve from fuel tank, and install adapters and clear hose as shown.
Fill clear hose with water until “X” dimension is 20 in. (500 mm). Water must not run through valve.
Increase water level until “X” dimension is 25 in. (630 mm). Water must begin to run through valve before reaching 25 in. (630 mm).
Replace the anti-siphon valve if your test results vary.
7. If your reading is less than 4 in. Hg and air bubbles are visible in the clear hose, check entire boat fuel system for air leaks. Remember, an air leak into a fuel supply system might not create a visible fuel leak.
8. If your reading is less than 4 in. Hg and no bubbles are visible, move the clear hose to the output side of the in-line fuel filter.
Start engine and run it at full throttle. If bubbles appear, test in-line fuel filter. 0 If no bubbles appear, go to Step 9.
9. If no bubbles appeared in Step 8, remove the clear hose and install a 0-15 PSI (0-103 kPa) fuel pressure gauge between V305 pump and carburetors.
10. Start engine and run it at 800 RPM, in gear. After fuel pressure stabilizes, the pressure gauge must not indicate less than 3 PSI (21 kPa) when held level with VHO hose fitting.
If pressure is less than 3 PSI (21 kPa), test pulse limiter and crankcase fitting. Refer to V30 Component Servicing, this section.
If pulse limiter and crankcase fitting are good and pressure is less than 3 PSI (21 kPa), replace VRO pump.
SHIPPING RATES USPS/UPS FOR THE CONTINENTAL US
ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO, CANADA AND OTHER US TERRITORIES REACH FOR A QUOTE
ALL OTHER LOCATIONS ACCORDING TO DESTINATION
FREE TECHNICAL ADVICE ON REQUEST
CALL IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING COMPATIBILITY
CERTIFIED BRP DEALER AND WARRANTY REPAIR SERVICE STATION SINCE 1979.
Lindenhurst Outboard Service Inc. -
305 E. Montauk Hwy
Lindenhurst NY 11757
If it's in the
BRP OMC Evinrude parts catalog, we have it!
10-50% Off All Genuine Evinrude Johnson New & Used Outboard Motor Parts -
inventory of parts
New, Used, Rare & Obsolete
Please e-mail or call if you have any questions.
631 991 4491
631 225 0077